Modified from a recipe By: The Sexy Vegan
Serving Size: 4
- 1 small head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2.5 cups ww pastry (or all purpose) flour and 1 cup chic pea flour (original recipe calls for 3 1/2 cups chickpea flour) divided
- garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup Frank’s Red Hot sauce, divided
- 1/3 cup vegan margarine
- cooking spray or olive oil spray
- Preheat oven to 500°
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In one bowl, mix 1.5 cup ww pastry flour and 1 cup chic pea flour with 1 tsp paprika, 1/2 tsp salt and pepper to taste, 1/2 tsp garlic powder. (Original calls for 2 cups chickpea flour, but I found that too heavy.)
- In another bowl, mix 1.5 cups ww flour with 1 tsp paprika, 1/2 tsp salt and pepper to taste, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, and Frank’s Hot Sauce to taste (1/8 to 1/4 cup, maybe). Add other seasonings, as desired. Add water to make a thin batter, thinner than pancake batter – it should be drippy yet still clingy.
- Dredge cauliflower florets in dry mixture, then wet mixture. Let excess drip off. Then dredge again in dry mixture. Do not over-coat.
- Spread battered florets onto baking sheet. Spray with cooking spray or olive oil.
- Bake 20-30 minutes. Coating should become crispy, almost tempura-like.
- Place 1/3 cup vegan margarine and 1/4 to 1/2 cup Frank’s Red Hot Sauce together in a large bucket with a lid. Add cooked cauliflower to the bucket, cover and toss until coated evenly.